Sunday, March 30, 2008

I'm $50 bucks richer...

I have been saying that I've been looking for a job for the last couple months, but this week I started making phone calls. Two to firms in Charleston and one in Chicago. So far nothing has come of them, which is to be expected I guess, But at least my name is out there. I will be spending the week in the mac lab in lee hall completing my portfolio. whoopee...

But the more exciting thing that happened this week would be the studio charrette that we did. A couple of architects came in with two different sites and told us to do research on them and then design a gallery for each site. My group was not working well together as of Wednesday at 3 when our bosses/clients came around for our desk crit; so we were given 30 mins to come together and figure out what we wanted to do. We did and everyone was happy. Friday we presented and turns out it was a competition. Everyone voted our design the best out of the group.... I've never won anything especially for any thing I've worked on, so this kinna made my weekend. So now i have to update my resume to include award winner. :-D

No comments: