Sunday, February 10, 2008

Interview notes

These articles were very helpful to read. I think the most nerve wracking thing about trying to get a job is the actual interview. Sending out your resume and portfolio is the easy part, they either are impressed by it or they're not. But the interview can ruin the great impression that a resume and/or portfolio made.
I read the "telling stories" article. I thought the strategy was pretty straight forward. It makes sense to give examples of the good things we've done in previous schools or jobs. That part of the interview I can deal with. But the part of the interview that makes me really nervous is when the tables are turned and its time for me to ask the questions. So I read the article about what to and what not to ask in an interview. But after reading it, I found the article to be more helpful if you were going to work in a business office or at least one having more to to with money or sales. But for someone going in to a design field I didn't think that the questions that were suggested would be the most useful. But I guess that the questions could be changed to fit the work world that I will be entering, so all and all the articles were very helpful.

No comments: