Sunday, February 24, 2008

Happy Thoughts...

So I guess we need some happy thoughts in this crazy world we call our last semester at clemson... unfortunately leaving the place that you have called home for the last four years, the place where you met you new friends, the place where those friends became your family does not provoke happy thoughts. I went home this weekend to visit the fam but there was more then my little sisters waiting patiently there for me ... the box with my cap and gown, thank you notes and announcements was sitting on my chest o'drawers when I walked in to my room. When I saw it, my heart literally dropped. And then I did probably the stupidest thing possible, I read on of the announcements.... I've teared up when talking about graduation with family and friends before, but this time I balled like a baby. It hit me. I have to leave. I have to grow up. I will never be able to legally sit in the student section of a football game again. Probably one of the saddest realizations of my life.

After that, my parents sat me down and had the move out logistics talk with me.

And then the "how's the job hunt coming?" questions started.

So basically, my relaxing weekend at home with my family and no worries turned in to one of the most stressful weekends ever.


So I guess what my happy thoughts are still hiding behind my freaked out thoughts.... I'm sure they will show their happy little selves once I've actually figured out what I'm going to do post-graduation.



.......Here's hoping.....

No comments: