Thursday, January 24, 2008

In 10 years....

This is probably the scariest thing to think about for a graduating senior. We are the ones who should know where we're going after May, yet somehow we are also the ones who most likely don't have a clue what to do with the next 3 months, much less the next ten years. But a girl can dream, right.... so here goes.
In 10 years, well career wise: I'd like to have my license to practice architecture, both in the US and in the UK. I want to have a Masters of Science in Urban Design completed on top of my MArch. I wish to be LEED accredited as well with many green buildings under my belt. I hope I'm working in one of three big cities; London, Dublin, or Chicago.
As for how I'm gonna get there, I want to have worked in Charleston for a little while and then move to Ireland or England and continue my internship years in an office there. After this I either want to move to Chicago and finish my education at University of Illinois at Chicago, or attend Tulane University in New Orleans. By the time I have done all this, travel should be a priority in my life, whether for pleasure or fun I want to explore the world.
As for my personal life, who the hell knows. I have always prioritized my career over a family of my own, but that does not mean that I am against the idea of me having a family. I would love lots of kids running around. But I'm not a dreamer, I know that if I have a large family, or really any sized family, my career will probably slow. I would love to be one of those women who has it all: the loving husband, the wonderful children, the perfect dog, and a job that never bores her... but that type of woman is very rare.
So I guess that will be my 10 year goal: to be the woman who has it all, and still is sane at the end of each day.

No comments: